– Did you hear the news story about the young woman who read a book during a Trump rally? It caused quite a stir. We have the book she was reading in our collection.
– There is a new podcast in town called The Family Room, hosted by Peter Squires. The purpose of the podcast is to get to know interesting people through honest, non-promotional conversations. Subscribe here. via #PortsmouthLOVE Letter
– Do you need a bibliotherapist? Would a prescription of books make you feel better? Read more here. via New Yorker
– The Casual Optimist is a blog about books, book design, book culture and publishing. It’s pretty hip. I think you’d like it.
– Neat idea — Flint Public Library teams with barbershop for ‘Read While You Wait’ program. Should we have a mini library outpost somewhere in the city?
– So you know that you can post a poll on Twitter now, right?
– Apropos of Nothing — I really love this video.
– SNAPSHOT of the 5 Most Popular Adult Books at PPL right now
The Monthly Link Pack is a blog series curated by Jennifer Moore, library clerk, maker, and sustainable style blogger. If you have a suggestion for something that should be included in a future blog post, email her at email@example.com.