– Bill Gates has posted a video of his five favorite books of 2015. We have 3 of the 5 books he selected (1, 2, 3). And you know we can get the others through inter-library loan, right?
-Did you hear what is causing people to line up around the block at the New York Public Library? Click here to find out. We offer the same kind-of thing here at PPL.
-I love this idea! – Sierra Pacific High School held its first-ever book trailer contest. See the winning book trailer here. It was for the book Eleanor & Park. Should we offer a contest like that here?
– Very interesting article in the New York Times — Our (Bare) Shelves, Our Selves: The increasing absence of physical books, records and photo albums in homes can negatively affect developing intellects. It makes me want to run out and buy a record player and some old records. #noseriously
-The Belgian Comic Strip Museum created an online exhibit using Google Open Gallery. Watch this cool video to learn more.
-Now is the perfect time to download the 1 second everyday app so that that this time next year you’ll have an adorable little video of memories. Use this Susie Bubble Instagram video as inspiration.
-Click here to see the schedule of events for New Year’s Eve in Portsmouth. via Pro Portsmouth website.
-You saw that the Sound wrote an article about the Portsmouth Public Library, right? Yea, I thought so.
-I’m embarrassed that I only just now learned about Sarah Josepha Hale. Did you know that she was born and raised in N.H? She seems like a woman before her time. via Seacoastonline article.
-This is my final Monthly Link Pack. I hope you enjoyed them. I will try some new blog post formats for the new year. Cheers!
– SNAPSHOT of the 5 Most Popular Adult Books at PPL right now
1. The Crossing : a novel / Michael Connelly.
2. My brilliant friend / Elena Ferrante.
3. Rogue lawyer / John Grisham.
4. The Japanese lover : a novel / Isabel Allende.
5. Between the world and me / Ta-Nehisi Coates.
The Monthly Link Pack is a blog series curated by Jennifer Moore, library clerk, maker, and sustainable style blogger. If you have a suggestion for something that should be included in a future blog post, email her at email@example.com.