Skip to content
Directions to Portsmouth Public Library
- Traveling from the North or South, take I-95 to the Market Street exit (Exit 7) toward Portsmouth downtown.
- If you are coming from points south of Portsmouth, turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Market Street.
- If you are coming from points north of Portsmouth, turn left at the end of the exit ramp onto Market Street, crossing under the highway
- At the fork in the road (Sheraton is in front of you; salt piles are on your left), bear right, in front of the Sheraton, onto Russell Street.
- The Sheraton is now on the left.
- Proceed one block (street ends) and turn right onto Deer Street.
- At the stop light turn left onto Maplewood Avenue. Maplewood changes to Middle Street at the 2nd stop light.
- At the third stop light turn left onto State Street.
- Continue on State Street to the 2nd stop light. Turn right onto Pleasant Street.
- Go past Court Street & the Citizens Bank on the right.
- Just after the parking lot on the right, turn right onto Junkins Avenue.
- Take the first right onto Parrott Avenue.
- Continue on Parrott Avenue, passing on the right Portsmouth District Courthouse, Parrott Avenue Place, Portsmouth Middle School, and a city parking lot.
- The library is the brick building with a tower, just after the city parking lot. There is a big granite sign out front near the street.